The Consulate General of Pakistan in Houston has launched "Jinnah Excellence Scholarship" to recognize achievements of Houston-based young students of Pakistani origin in academics. The students of Pakistani origin are invited to apply for this scholarship. There will be six scholarships of $500 each every year for the outstanding achievement in Grade 12 with confirmation, that student is enrolled in College/University.
The scholarships have been further expanded with the generous sponsorship of following community members bringing total of scholarships to thirteen:
- Mr. Shahid Abbasi: Tahira Khatoon Abbasi Scholarship
- Mr. Sakhi Muhammad: Smart Choice Auto Scholarship
- Sponsor wishes to remain anonymous: Iqbal Scholarship
- Mr. Ghulam Bombaywala: Ms. Zeenat Usman Bombaywala Scholarship
- Mr. Shahzad Bashir: Ms. Kaniz Fatima Quraishi Scholarship
- Mr. Shahzad Bashir: Mr. Abid Hussain Qureshi Scholarship
- Dr. Mukarram A. Baig Scholarship
The Consulate General must receive applications by the deadline of 15 November 2011. An independent committee of judges will pick up the winners and the awards will be given on 2 December 2011.
To apply for "Jinnah Excellence Scholarship" please fill out the form below.
Jinnah Excellence Award (Academic)
Category: Outstanding Academic Achievement
Sponsor: Consulate General of Pakistan, Houston, Texas
Objective: To recognize and support capable students in their academic pursuits.
Participant Students: Grade 12
Monetary Award: 13 scholarships of $ 500 each for any Graduating Student
Criteria: Any Grade 12 student studying in a Public Secondary School of Greater Houston. Students with high academic record and as well as special financial needs would be considered for this award in consultation with respective Principals. Please attach recommendation letter from Principal of your School along with detailed mark sheet. The awards would be presented on 02 December 2011 in an event in the Consulate.
|Jinnah Award Application Form
required to be submitted with Jinnah Award Application Form
- Recommendation from either the principal or a counsellor of the school
*= Required Field.